"Disc Read Failed" (PS3)... weird issues please help

Anything related to Dark Souls!

Re: "Disc Read Failed" (PS3)... weird issues please help

Postby Ostrava34 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:08 pm

I can't think of anything else either man, sorry. This is the first time I've heard of this glitch/ problem. And it still persists even after the re-format? Damn. I'll try to ask around and get back to you when I find anything.

Ostrava34
Casual
Casual

Souls: 8.00

Postby Skentuey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Im thankful for trying to help, i realize this is not easy, ive only found a few similiar happenings when googling but even among those there was no clear answer. If you find anything thats cool:) Otherwise well see what the retailer answers. Either they give me yet another DS copy to try or they take back my ps3, pretty much that simple, its only 3 weeks old:P

Skentuey

Souls: 0.00

Postby Skentuey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:31 pm

In short they gave me another (third) dark souls copy to test and it didnt work either (was from another batch to make sure). So i turned in my ps3 and 2 hours later the store called me and said they sent it to sony and that i could pick up a new one, so hopefully all is good now and i can start invading later today:)

Skentuey

Souls: 0.00

Postby Ostrava34 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 am

If it's any consolation, you're not the only person who has suffered this problem. Several Xbox owners also have had problems with their Dark Souls games. The remedy they all offered is the same as what you've done - formatting the HD. Except that in other cases it seems to have worked for them. I also went to our local retailer and some other shops yesterday explaining you problem, but they also said the same thing, factoring out the possibility of a defective game. Either way, they said that the only way to know for sure would be to inspect the unit.

Anyway, how's your new game copy working with your new console? I'm assuming everything's working now?

Ostrava34
Casual
Casual

Souls: 8.00

Previous

Return to Dark Souls General Discussion